Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 2--What I'm Thankful for...The Temple

Today, I am thankful for the Temple.

My son went with the youth group to do baptisms for the dead....he performed baptisms for 10 family names.  And my dad attended with them as well to administer confirmations.

I took a name through another temple ordinance as well.  A family name.  Up until tonight, I have just accepted whatever card/name was available.  This was the first time I took a name of an ancestor.  It was pretty cool to know that somewhere way way way back I am related to this person.  I'm going again on Saturday...and I will get to take my grandmother's name through.  What an awesome blessing!

This is the Portland, Oregon Temple...I haven't been inside....yet.  I have plans to do so at some point in the future, with my best friend, who lives near there.

This is the entrance to the Memphis TN Temple....which is the only one I have been inside as an adult. 

This is the Memphis TN Temple from the parking lot. 



No comments:

Post a Comment