Blogger Layouts

Friday, November 4, 2011

Day 4--What I'm Thankful for...Being a Mom

Today's thankful post is easy....sort of.  It's my two youngest sons' birthdays, so while I am always grateful for the opportunity to be a mom, on these days, I am especially so.  But today, as odd as it sounds, I am thankful to be a mom to an angel.  You see, today is not only their birthday, but it also the angel day for one of them.  You can read their story here.

I cherish the time I carried the both of them in my womb.  It is the only time I ever "held" them together.  It is the only time they were together.  Being a mom to an angel is bittersweet, and believe me, it took me a while to get to the point that I can find reasons to be thankful for it.  The primary reason I am thankful is it gives me hope.  I have a reason to live my life in the gospel because I know that if I do, I will see my son again and raise him in the next life.  There is little that is more powerful than that.

Here is the display I made for him..


A close up of the card...


A close up of the flowers...

We also release balloons for Kyle and for my niece, Mallorie, who died in 2001.

And we make either cupcakes or cookies each year, decorated with a K.

This is Kraig holding the flowers at Kyle's gravesite.  







No comments:

Post a Comment